CAD Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer
Permanent position, full time
Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5pm, Friday 6am-2pm
From £26,000, dependent on experience
At DoorTechnik, we make one-off doorsets in steel and glass. Some doorsets can be simple, just requiring modification of an existing design, whilst others need a lot of intensive design work.
We have a vacancy for a Design Engineer in our design team. This is a long-term position, with good promotion prospects. The work is varied, including:
• Providing drawings to support the sales team
• Designing production doors for manufacture, mainly using AutoCAD, though with some Solidworks
• Investigating problems on the shop floor, finding solutions, or revising parts quickly
• Providing installation advice to the fitting teams
• Creating installation and manufacturing instructions
• Specifying parts for purchasing
• Research and development
• Minimum 5 years shop floor experience in manufacturing
• Degree in Engineering, Industrial Design, Product Design, or practical design experience
• AutoCAD and Solidworks competency
• Ability to produce creative, practical design solutions
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Able to work under your own initiative
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good commercial awareness
Ideally you will have progressed through shop floor roles in manufacturing and worked with CNC machines, before moving on to industrial design.
If you have prior experience of sheet metal that is an advantage, but training will be given. If you have experience in programming, electrical control or electronics, that is also an advantage. You will be trained in the use of Jetcam, Cam Plus, and our bespoke programs.
Salary is dependent on experience and ability. Due to our rural location on the outskirts of Lincoln, a driving licence and own transport are essential. This role cannot be done remotely.
If this position is of interest, please call us for more information on 01522 693522, or apply with your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org